Shell announced the launch of its new range of food on the go, which has been created with chef Jamie Oliver. From 31 January, over 80 new products will be available at more than 500 of Shell’s service stations across the UK, ensuring that Britain’s drivers have a bigger, better choice – with fresh ideas, fantastic flavours and clever twists.
The new Jamie Oliver deli by Shell range includes classic items, such as sandwiches and wraps, that have been given a Jamie update, alongside a brand new selection of delicious products including salads, sushi, hot pots and a mealbox just for kids. There’s something for everyone, including revamped indulgent items alongside these new, healthier alternatives.
As people increasingly look to save time in their busy lives, providing better choices on the go is even more important. This long-term partnership is announced as a recent IPSOS Mori* survey reveals that over half (56%) of UK drivers want healthier choices at forecourts.
Jamie Oliver and Shell have injected more fruit, veg and colour into the range, to give people what they’re asking for – exciting, tasty, healthier food to choose from on the road. This includes 69% more fruit and vegetables across the sandwich range, which will contribute to an estimated 1.2 million additional portions of daily fruit and veg, annually.
István Kapitány, Executive Vice President Shell Retail, says: “Across the UK we’re seeing a growing trend towards healthier food, but it has to taste good and be convenient. Working with Jamie and his team, this exciting new range has been designed to give our customers the choices they want when they’re on the move.”
Jamie Oliver says: “I’m incredibly excited about this partnership. It requires creativity, imagination and serious determination to change food systems and working together we will give millions of Shell customers each week the opportunity to enjoy tastier, healthier and more varied food choices.
“Food on the go is going to become a far bigger, more normal part of everyone’s busy, modern lives – so it’s essential we make it more enjoyable through better-quality ingredients and exciting flavours. My pledge is to keep listening to what Shell’s customers want, keep improving standards, and be as useful as I possibly can be for Britain’s busy motorists.”
Through an increased focus on choice, health and flavour, the range makes it easier for Britain’s busy motorists to choose quality, delicious food on the go wherever they’re heading.
Examples of the Jamie Oliver deli by Shell range are:
- Black pepper mayo BLT – You’ll find plenty of juicy tomato in this sandwich – so delicious with black pepper mayo. The perfect match with bacon and crispy lettuce, it’s the dream combo
- Mediterranean roast veg & ricotta wrap – Including one portion of your daily fruit and veg, this rainbow wrap is the perfect balance of sweet roast veg and creamy ricotta – it really hits the spot
- Beetroot, houmous, falafel & couscous salad – An epic mix of sweet potato falafel, warming harissa dressing, giant couscous and earthy beetroot houmous – every mouthful is different
- Smoked cheese & slaw spicy chipotle chicken sandwich – This combo of chipotle ketchup, slaw, smoky cheese and tender chicken will delight and surprise you. Plus, we’ve included a handful of fresh spinach to boost your daily fruit and veg
- Horseradish & red onion tuna mayo sandwich – Sweet-pickled red onion, fresh rocket and a punchy mayo take this classic sandwich up a notch
- For families, a new kids’ mealbox will feature a rye bread sandwich, fruit, vegetables and a dip. The two kid’s meal boxes will be available from 14th of Feb.
- The new chilled Jamie Oliver deli by Shell range will be available from 31 January, at 500+ service stations in the UK. Over the course of the year, five new hot food stores will open each week from 31 January onwards
- As part of the drive to make it easy for people to make an informed choice, the Jamie Oliver deli by Shell front-of-pack labelling will be easy to understand and prominently feature traffic-light labelling on all packaging. The traffic-light label shows the fat, saturated fats, sugar and salt content of the products, using traffic-light signals for high (red), medium (amber) and low (green) percentages for each of these ingredients